Chicago College Prep Summer Program
The Chicago College Prep Summer Program (CCPSP) is a five-week summer enrichment program for students who have completed the fifth, sixth or seventh grade. CCPSP strives to provide motivated middle school boys and girls the opportunity to improve their academic achievement, to participate in enriching extracurricular activities and to explore college prep high school options. For information about the 2017 Chicago College Prep Summer Program, please contact our Principal, Mr. Thomas Beckley, at (773) 638-6103 or at email@example.com.
CCPSP consists of:
- A five-week summer enrichment program every weekday from 8:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m.
- Intensive classes in Reading, Writing and Mathematics
- A High School-Prep class designed to introduce students to college-prep high school options, and prepare them for the admissions process
- A healthy breakfast and lunch
- Afternoon co-curriculars and weekly field trips, including a high school and college visit
- Cost to family: $100/student ($20 registration fee + $80 balance due by August 1)
An eligible student for CCPSP will:
- Be motivated for success in a college prep environment
- Score above the 10th percentile on standardized tests
- Come from a family whose economic status would qualify the student for financial assistance at a private high school
Admissions preference will be given to boys and girls who are recommended to CCPSP by their school principal.
CCPSP also seeks highly motivated teachers who are interested in working with middle school students from modest economic means in a college prep program for summer employment. A CCPSP teacher’s daily duties include:
- Teaching a 60 minute 16 student section in Math or Language Arts
- Proctoring a combination of two of the following: breakfast & lunch, formation, study hall or co-curricular activity
- Attending weekly field trips
- Finishing program duties on July 21st