The More the Merrier
We have always embraced the fundamental Jesuit value of the magis — the qualitative more. Since we opened our doors in 2005, we have consistently strived to do the magis in partnership with our students, alumni and families. The 2022-2023 school year is a wonderful representation of this work:
- Our inaugural class of girls has been part of our CJA community since June, and they already fit seamlessly into the fabric of our community.
- The construction on our 50,000 square foot campus expansion is well underway.
- Our College & Career Persistence Office continues to walk with our 336 alumni and our High School Bridge program is currently working with 357 students in seven partner schools and will grow to serve 1,400 students in 18 public and private elementary schools.
We have so much to be thankful for this year. At CJA, the more really is merrier.
In a season of giving and gifts, we wanted to highlight a few of the many gifts our students and alumni share with us each day. In the video above you will see students in our choir and jazz band sharing their talents, students in science class dissecting sheep brains, our state-bound robotics team and moments of joy throughout this school year so far. Each of our students are a gift to the world, and each of you are a gift to our community. Thank you for your belief in the great promise of our students and alumni and for your support this year.
Vice President of Development
A Unique Path Toward Meaningful Employment Part 2
After graduating from CJA in 2013, Jae Rule attended boarding school at Culver Academies. He then earned a full scholarship to Central Michigan University. In this interview, Jae shares some of the story of his journey from CJA student to CJA employee.
This is part two of a two-part feature interview of Jae by our school president, Matthew Lynch. You can find part one here!
Please keep CJA in mind as you consider your year-end giving whether through an on-line donation, an end-of-year tax-free gift through your IRA, a gift of stock, or a donation through the Illinois tax credit scholarship program.
Our teachers and our volunteer librarian have thoughtfully chosen items to enrich learning for our students. Please consider donating a book or other item from our wishlist!
- Winter Break Begins – 12/19
- No School, Staff Professional Development Day – 1/3
- Student Cura Personalis Conferences – 1/4
- Classes Resume for Students – 1/5
- CJA Closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day – 1/16
- CJA Closed for Presidents’ Day – 2/20