5058 West Jackson Boulevard, Chicago, IL 60644
We are the Phoenix—Rise with us
At CJA, we know our students will be the next generation of leaders in Chicago. We believe all students have the right to an excellent education and we are looking for dedicated people who share that belief.
Our students come from under-resourced neighborhoods in Chicago and work incredibly hard to improve their academic skills and, therefore, their future. We are looking for professionals who see education as a vocation and see excellence as a habit.
The IT Manager will be responsible for day-to-day information technology issues as well as longer-term technical projects at Chicago Jesuit Academy. This person will work closely with the Chief Information Officer and Vice President of Operations to ensure that our information technology best serves our students, faculty and staff.
The applicant will, with the assistance and supervision of the Chief Information Officer:
- Deploy and support student and faculty devices like iPads, Chromebooks and Windows PCs
- Maintain CJA’s IT infrastructure like Windows servers, switches, phones and phone server
- Troubleshoot printers
- Perform data analyses of test scores and other student data
- Maintain and assist users in accessing CJA’s cloud infrastructure like Google Apps, Apple School and CJA’s LMS and gradebook, Canvas
- Maintain CJA’s custom Student Information System
- Support faculty and student use of technology in the classroom
- Function as a general purpose problem solver and internal technology consultant
- Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate should:
- Understand and respect the mission of Chicago Jesuit Academy
- Be comfortable managing and prioritizing diverse responsibilities
- Have a history of self-taught solutions to technological or data problems
- Have strong organizational and communication skills, especially in communicating complex ideas to non-technical audiences such as faculty, staff or students